The United National Transport Union (UNTU) is immensely proud to congratulate all the 2020 MATRICS who passed what was surely the most trying academic year since our democracy.
Each member of UNTU knows that our future lies in the hands of our children.
The Matrics of 2020 had to endure the severely devastating impact of the global outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic but still managed to rise to the occasion and exceed all expectations against all odds.
UNTU would like to applaud them, their parents, grandparents, godparents, uncles, aunts, loved ones, and friends who supported them, believed in them, and had a helping hand available to help them to reach their goals.
With hard work, commitment, and dedication we will turn our dreams into a reality.
Congratulations to the following 2020 Matrics and their parents:
- Matthew Vosloo, son of Annemarie Vosloo, the personal assistant of Steve Harris, General Secretary of UNTU.
- Jabu Khumalo, son of Dan Khumalo, Deputy-General Secretary of UNTU.
- Akhonamathemba Phethwa, daughter of Wiseman Phethwa, UNTU full-time trade union representative,
- Alicia Metler, daughter of Naiten Hammond, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Juan Smit, son of Deidre du Plessis, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Zane Bester, son of Wouter Bester, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Kayla Bezuidenhout, daughter of Kobus Bezuidenhout, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Leander Botha, godson of Manette Havenga, the personal assistant of UNTU President Hendrik Fourie.
- Dane Saul, son of UNTU Executive Council Member Lutwena Saul.
- Dylan Hendricks, son of Michelle Assegai, UNTU member Maritime.
- Jamie-Lee Cloete, daughter of Josef Cloete, UNTU member Bellville.
- Lungelo Nzima, daughter of Banele Nzima, UNTU member Transnet Freight Rail.
- Okuhle Sinengomso, Ntloko, daughter of Nokulunga Ntloko, UNTU member Transnet National Ports Authority.
- Lethokuhle Ngcobo, daughter of Zanele Ntuli, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Ethan Ackerman, son of Brenda Ackerman, UNTU member Transnet Freight Rail.
- Juan-Paul Coetzer, son of Andries Coetzer, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Thabang Mokoakoa, daughter of Legogang Allie, UNTU member of Transnet Engineering.
- Danélle Smit, daughter of Henk Smit, UNTU Executive Council Member.
If you know of any more UNTU related Matrics of 2020, please send the name and photo to Sonja Carstens, UNTU Media, Liaison and Communication Officer, via WhatsApp on 082 463 6806. They will be published in the next edition of the UNTU Labour Report coming to you at the end of March 2021.
Issued on behalf of UNTU by Carstens.