The consultation process between Labour and Management on the relocation of TNPA HQ to Port of Ngqura continued 03 June 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
The meeting happened just after the CE ‘meet and greet’ with employees concerns that emanated from the session which was shared with the team and the team resolved as follows:-
- UNTU requested that the list of affected employees be shared with the rest to be able to flex options.
2. That the current Relocation Policy which will be used for this process be put in abeyance since this relocation is unique and it will require our submission as to how affected employees can be assisted, taking note that the whole process amend their conditions of employment.
Management then informed us, that they have made submission to Group on the issue of policy, and surely the respond will be forthcoming, since we believe in a consultation process then ideas of other parties must be taken into consideration.
The other request is to consider swapping of positions on other ODs on those that can be willing to relocate, so that we know what number are we dealing with exactly. We also raised the concern of the ongoing public unrest at Motherwell due to the issue of transport which will surely affect employees and surely Management will come with solutions by engaging relevant taxi industry, since the Bus Route end at Motherwell, which is about 20 kilometres from Port of Ngqura.
Management will also conduct the impact assessment on those affected, so employees must not be flabbergasted if there is such process.
Management promised to share the vacancy list across the Ports and that was received today, 07 June 2021.
Employees will be kept abreast with the developments as the process unfold, and we will continue with the process to the stage where we have exhausted all avenues before considering the other route, if need be. We do consider that time is of essence and September 2021 is fast approaching.
NB!! The meet and greet by the CE, where issues were raised, was in the absence of Labour, however, we took serious note of some of the issues which were shared with us, and they will be addressed as we carry on with the process.
- Dan Khumalo – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Douglas Emery – Douglas.Emery@transnet.net
- Wiseman Phethwa – Wiseman.Phethwa@transnet.net
- Munifa English – Munifa.English@transnet.net
- Ashmerelda Dunn – Ashmerelda.Dunn@transnet.net