The United National Transport Union (UNTU) realizes that education is the most powerful weapon that our children cannot do without.
That is why UNTU provides Tertiary Education Assistance to our member’s children, whose applications are successful. This benefit is included in your monthly subscription fees.
This is not a loan nor a bursary. UNTU gives R5 000 once-off to the top 8 applicants with the highest marks for their studies. The money must be used towards the studies, whether it is for registration fees, for books, or for other study material. The money is paid directly to the institute of choice.
For example, if the applicant’s tertiary studies are R60 000.00, UNTU only contributes an amount of R5000.00 once-off and the remaining amount of R55 000.00 will need to be settled by the applicant.
The applications for the Tertiary Education Assistance for 2022 will open on the 1st March 2021.
To apply for the Tertiary Education Assistance Benefit for 2022, We will please need the following:
- Completed Tertiary Education Assistance Application Form. http://www.untu.co.za/assets/Tertiary-Education-Assistance-Application-Form-TEAAP.1-1-1.pdf
- Certified ID Copy of the applicant.
- Certified Matric 3rd Term / Results.
- A confirmation letter from the institute you wish to study at.
- If currently studying at an institute – 2021 result.
For any enquiries, please contact Natasha Gordon, Tertiary Education Assistance Administrator, via her e-mail: Natasha@untu.co.za