The moment a child is born, the mother is also born, but at the United National Transport Union (UNTU) we know that becoming a mom for the first time is exciting and scary all at the same time.
With a new-born baby comes new financial pressures and unforeseen expenses.
That is why UNTU’s female members enjoy the UNTU Maternity Benefit, a once-off confinement paid to all female UNTU Members that have 12 months consecutive membership at the time of baby’s birth.
This benefit is included in your monthly membership fees. No exceptions will be made to UNTU’s rules and regulations.
The following criteria is important to note:
- Only female UNTU Members that have 12 months consecutive membership at the time of baby’s birth qualifies.
- The Mommy has a year (12 months) from the date of the baby’s birth to claim the maternity benefit from UNTU. If the time laps, the claim will be forfeited.
- All UNTU female members can only claim once – it is a once-off confinement.
- All documents must be scanned and emailed or faxed – No images of documents will be accepted.
- UNTU make payments once a week, on a Wednesday.
UNTU requires the following for members to claim the Maternity benefit of R1800.00:
- Completed Maternity Benefit Application Form (Signed and Dated) http://www.untu.co.za/assets/Maternity-Benefit-Application-UMB.3-20170301.pdf
- Clear and Readable Certified stamp on the Baby birth certificate.
- Clear and Readable Certified stamp on the ID Copy of the applicant.
- Proof of banking details – Latest bank statement / Confirmation letter.
- Most recent payslip.
When getting the certified stamps done by the nearest Post office / Police station / Commissioner of Oath, please make sure your able to read each word on the certified stamp.
For any enquiries or assistance, please contact Natasha Gordon, UNTU’s Maternity Administrator, on Natasha@untu.co.za