The United National Transport Union (UNTU) is immensely proud to congratulate another eleven (11) 2020 MATRICS who passed what was surely the most trying academic year since our democracy.
This brings the total of the UNTU Matrics that will forever in history be remembered as the Covid-19 Matrics to 29 – an outstanding number!
Each member of UNTU knows that our future lies in the hands of our children.
The Matrics of 2020 had to endure the severely devastating impact of the global outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic but still managed to rise to the occasion and exceed all expectations against all odds.
UNTU would like to applaud them, their parents, grandparents, godparents, uncles, aunts, loved ones, and friends who supported them, believed in them, and had a helping hand available to help them to reach their goals. With hard work, commitment, and dedication we will turn our dreams into a reality.
Congratulations to the following 2020 Matrics and their parents:
- Chloé Wahl, daughter of Carla Wahl, UNTU member Transnet Engineering.
- Minenhle Khulu, son of Fikile Ntuli, UNTU member Transnet Freight Rail.
- Inakho Qangule, son of Lizo Qangule, UNTU member of the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (Prasa).
- Zethembe Maseko, son of Gugu Maseko, UNTU member of Transnet Engineering.
- Bongekile Mthiyane, daughter of Celani Zungu, UNTU member of Transnet Port Terminals.
- Samkele Gumede, son of Lorraine Majola, UNTU member of Transnet Engineering.
- Ruché Toerien, daughter of Hano Toerien, UNTU member of Transnet Engineering.
- Bradley Schofield, son of Oliver Schofield, UNTU member of Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa
- Samuel Roberts, son of Celeste Roberts, UNTU member of the Passenger Rail Agency of South Africa (Prasa).
- Ammaarah Safodien, daughter of Razaan Safodien, UNTU member of Transnet Freight Rail.
- Mukelo Mbatha, daughter of Bonginkosi Mbatha, UNTU Member of Transnet National Ports Authority.
If you know of any more UNTU related Matrics of 2020, please send the name and photo to Sonja Carstens, UNTU Media, Liaison and Communication Officer, via WhatsApp on 082 463 6806. They will be published in the next edition of the UNTU Labour Report coming to you at the end of March 2021.
Issued on behalf of UNTU by Carstens.