From 1 March 2020 the United National Transport Union (#UNTU) maternity benefit for female members who has been a member of the Union for at least a year, has been increased to R1 800.
Rules and regulations: No exceptions will be made
• The maternity benefit applies to all Female UNTU Members that have 12 months consecutive membership at the time of baby’s birth.
• From the date of baby’s birth, you have 12 months to claim – Their after, the claim will be forfeited.
• The maternity benefit is a once-off confinement – (All female UNTU members can only claim once)
• All documents must be scanned and emailed or faxed – No images of documents will be accepted.
We please need the following to claim the Maternity benefit of R1800.00:
• Completed Maternity Benefit Application Form (Signed and Dated)
• Clear and Readable Certified stamp on the Baby birth certificate.
• Clear and Readable Certified stamp on the ID Copy of the applicant.
• Proof of banking details – Latest bank statement / Confirmation letter.
• Most recent payslip.
When getting the certified stamps done by the nearest Police station / Commissioner of Oath, make sure your able to read each and every word on the certified stamp.
Please do not hesitate in contacting Natasha Gordon on E-mail: Natasha@untu.co.za for assistance.
Issued on behalf of UNTU by Sonja Carstens, Deputy-General Secretary: Media, Liaison and Communication. For more information phone Carstens on 082 463 6806 or e-mail email@example.com