CHANGES SINCE THE LAST MEETING
- Return to work was at Level 4 Lockdown, and now has been placed on hold after Minister Mbalula’s announcement today at 14h00 That no Metro Trains will operate until Level 3 Lockdown is announced.
- Measures were taken for KZN which was left at Level 5. This means nobody will be going to work on Monday, 04 May 2020.
ALLOWANCES (PENSION/ PROVIDENT FUNDS)
The death benefit of 4.5% is paid. This includes the employees who went on retirement.
- There has been an issue with regions contacting staff to come and drop off their timecards. The Bilateral Team had to wait for the ministerial briefing for guidance and after discussions it was agreed that Line Managers, will be instructed not to allow employees to drop of timecards.
OVER 60 AND CHRONIC EMPLOYEES
- Employment Wellness Program Manager gave feedback that staff who have chronic conditions and on chronic medication need to provide proof to the line managers.
- Over 60 employees the status quo still remains as per legislation.
- The presentation of the COVID 19 exposure by Mrs T Naidoo will be forwarded to the regions.
UIF AND TAXES
- Management reassured Labour that the UIF amount has been paid and there is no amount owed.
- The CEO of Rail and Group HCM is still working on how to access funds of the UIF.
- Labour requested that Management must provide a clear plan for returning to work that will be on Level 3, this includes PRASA Cres. Management to go back to the drawing board and present their new plan to Labour in the next week.
- Management to give an indication of which employee groups will be going to work in terms of testing and preparation for service.
- RSR Applications is still applicable and documentation of other essential services must be forwarded, if new developments arises this must also be forwarded
- All regional planning must be communicated through the National Office and Bilateral Team, who will then circulate these plans after engagement.
- UNTU emphasis on “NO PPE, NO WORK”. However, the process of reporting to the relevant managers and UNTU must be done and then the “NO PPE, NO WORK” will be
UNPAID OVER TIME
- Management gave the undertaking that the overtime that has been works will be paid during the May off cycle. (By the end of the first week after pay day)
TERMINATION OF CONTRACT SECURITY
- The termination of Contract Security was discussed and relevant departments/HOD/SCM will need to respond.
Labour and Management will meet next week to follow up on all outstanding matters.
Members will be kept abreast at all times of any new developments regarding the COVID-19 process and planning regarding PRASA.
Keep safe and help us keep you safe
Report where Lockdown rules are not being followed
Obo SA HARRIS