Please find attached communiqué, dated 7 October 2020 from PRASA Human Capital Management that provides further clarity on the matters below as well as the leave arrangements during the various levels of Lockdown from midnight Thursday, 26 March 2020.
- Employees who are working during any or all levels of the lockdownperiod.
- Leave Arrangements.
- Bargaining Unit Employees who are required to be on duty.
- Employees with comorbidities (pre-existing conditions).
- Employees over 60 years.
- Contracting of COVID-19 while on duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
UNTU also wish to bring it to our constituents’ attention that the legal opinion obtained by UNTU was not favourable in terms of obtaining relief for employees from 17 April 2020 – 31 May 2020.
UNTU then further engaged with PRASA Management to take some responsibility on the leave, which is a huge burden to all employees.
Management then agreed to offset 50% of the leave, therefore all employees will only utilize fourteen (14) days of their own leave.
UNTU is very grateful towards PRASA Management who came to the party, more specifically on the leave issue.
Keep safe and help us keep you safe
Report where lockdown rules are not being followed