Applicants are invited for the position of the Deputy General Secretary. The Deputy General Secretary will be situated at the UNTU Head Office in Houghton Estate, Johannesburg.
A Diploma in Labour Relations or relevant Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) experience.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Minimum 8 years’ experience within the Labour Movement
- Valid driver’s licence, own car essential
- Computer literate
- Sound knowledge of other labour related legislation is a prerequisite
- with specific sound knowledge of the Skills Development Act is a prerequisite
- Sound knowledge of the Unions Constitution and Policies is a prerequisite
- Good communications skills in respect of verbal and writing skills is a prerequisite
- Sound knowledge of Transnet’s Policies
- Attend to general correspondence and any other task as assigned by the General Secretary
- Coordinate and arrange the Union’s Congress in conjunction with the General Secretary
- Coordinate and arrange the Union’s Election Process in terms of the Constitution in conjunction with the General Secretary
- Assisting/ Representation of Members Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Corporate Office, and Managerial Level
- Operational support within Transnet divisions of Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Corporate Office
- Meeting Attendance of Transnet divisions of Transnet National Ports Authority, Transnet Corporate Office and as assigned by the General Secretary
- Advising the broader membership in relation to Agreements and Legislation Training
- Prepare the Training Program in terms of the Unions long training strategy
- Prepare the Budget for training
- Liaise with Training Providers
- Oversee the roll out of the approved Training Program
- In conjunction with the General Secretary, identify training needs for the Staff of the Union
- Ensure compliance of expenditure in terms of the Budget
The following documents must accompany the application:
- A detailed CV
- Certified copies of highest educational qualifications
- Certified copies of identity document and driver’s license
- Letter of reference or service record
Candidates must submit their Application to the Personal Assistant of the General Secretary, Ms Annemarie Vosloo via e-mail email@example.com or via fax 011 728 8258.
Please note, the closing date for applications is 31 August 2017.
UNTU is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer, preference will be given to UNTU members and staff whom meet the relevant requirements.